Malaysia Tourism & Leisure Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
The travel and tourism sector plays a significant role in Malaysia’s economy, directly contributing 4.7% to Malaysia’s 2016 GDP and accounting for 12% of total employment. Thus, travel and tourism receives considerable attention from the Malaysian government – the Ministry of Tourism and Culture (MOTAC) works closely with the private sector to develop the required tourist infrastructure, and the government-funded tourism marketing agency Tourism Malaysia aggressively promotes Malaysia as a best-in-class tourist destination. There is a broad range of tourist accommodation encompassing the entire budget-to-luxury spectrum to cater to all travelers, and multiple modes of transport are available for tourists to travel around Malaysia.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: