Latin America Automotive Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
In 2018, Latin America consolidated its position as one of the largest and fastest-growing manufacturing and export hubs for motor vehicles. Amidst the sharp downturn of both production and sales of motor vehicles in Europe, Asia and Oceania, Latin America continued to be a star performer. During the year, production of motor vehicles in the region rose by 1.9% y/y, reaching an 8% share of global output. This was favoured by a rebound in domestic sales and the growing internationalisation of local carmakers’ operations. Notably, they exported vehicles for the record high USD 86.9bn in 2018, 5.7% up y/y, mainly destined to countries in North America and Europe, but also to Africa and Asia. On the domestic front, the acceleration of the Brazilian and Colombian economies coupled with recordhigh demand for vehicles in Chile, Ecuador, Bolivia and Paraguay boosted regional vehicle sales by 2.8% y/y. As a result, Latin America was the world’s second-fastest growing vehicle market in 2018, only after Africa, with a 6.3% share of the global new vehicle sales.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Latin America. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Ascertain Latin America’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: