Philippines Banking Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
The Philippines banking sector remains in a nascent stage of development, and most Filipinos tend to engage in financial activities using less formal channels such as pawnshops. Nonetheless, the banking sector has been expanding its services to encompass a growing proportion of the population; loans and deposits have been growing at CAGRs of 16.4% and 11.4% respectively from 2013 to 2017. Throughout this period of stellar growth, the quality of loans in the banking sector has increased with NPL ratios decreasing across most loan categories from 2013 to 2017. Despite these favourable factors, banks have also been prudent in managing their capital, and liquidity and capital adequacy ratios generally exceed the regulatory minimums imposed by the central bank.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in the Philippines.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: