Philippines Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2018-2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
According to the Philippines Statistics Authority (“PSA”), total household expenditures have been growing at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2012 to 2016, as economic growth in the Philippines has expanded strongly in recent years, increasing the amount of disposable income available to consumers. Nevertheless, large proportions of the Philippines population, especially those in the rural areas, still have low incomes and have thus not been reached by modern retailers. In urban areas, the business process outsourcing (“BPO”) industry has been expanding which has increased the demand for more convenient retail formats such as convenience stores. Internet retail has not grown strongly in the Philippines compared with other ASEAN countries, but the government has been promoting a cashless society in the Philippines which may boost Internet retail in the future.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: