Philippines Insurance Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
The Philippines has the fifth largest insurance sector in the ASEAN region, although insurance penetration and density remain lower in the Philippines than in many of its more developed ASEAN counterparts. The relatively undeveloped state of the Filipino insurance sector is a consequence of the low incomes of many Filipino citizens. Nevertheless, the insurance sector is expected to grow strongly in the foreseeable future as the Philippines is now one of the fastest growing economies in the region. Further, many of the larger multinational insurers already have an established presence in the insurance sector, which suggests that they will be able to bring additional capital and expertise to the sector to cater for rising demand, particularly in the life insurance subsector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in the Philippines.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: