Philippines Insurance Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
The Philippines insurance sector is one of the least developed in the ASEAN region, with insurance penetration and density significantly lower than those in some other large ASEAN countries including Indonesia and Thailand. However, incomes in the Philippines have been generally rising over the past few years as the economy has shown steady growth, contributing to rising insurance, including microinsurance, penetration. Given the high proportion of the Filipino population that fall below the national poverty line, the growth of the microinsurance industry has been pivotal in increasing insurance penetration in the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in the Philippines.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: