Emerging Europe Automotive Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
Proximity to Western European markets, low-cost skilled labour and favourable investment environment have turned Emerging Europe into a preferred location for major automotive producers and helped the region claim an increasing share of the global motor vehicle manufacturing. The nine auto producing countries in Emerging Europe had a combined output of 7.5mn motor vehicles in 2017, an annual increase of 7.6%, data by the International Organisation of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA) showed. A flurry of foreign investments gave a boost to the sector, helping the region quickly narrow the gap with Western Europe, where motor vehicle production fell by nearly 15% over the past decade. At the same time, production in Emerging Europe more than doubled from the 3.6mn vehicles built in 2007. As a result, the share of Emerging Europe increased to 34% of Europe’s total production from 16% in 2007. The region’s ranking on the global scale also improved, from a share of 4.9% in 2007 to 7.7% in 2017, making it the fourth-biggest automotive producer in the world after Asia, Western Europe and North America. The region stands out when taking into consideration car production per inhabitants.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Emerging Europe. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Emerging Europe
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Emerging Europe
- Ascertain Emerging Europe’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: