Poland Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2021-2022 1An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
Driven by a large population and steadily increasing incomes, the Polish retail sector has been one of the most dynamic in the EU, as retail sales reached 40% of GDP in 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 resulted in a 2.6% y/y decline in the nominal retail sales index published by the Statistics Office. Market researcher Euromonitor estimated the value of retail sales (excl. motor trade, fuel and foodservices) at PLN 493.8bn that year, up by 0.7% y/y. Like in many countries globally, performance across segments and channels varied. Grocery store-based sales growth moderated to 1.9% y/y to PLN 256bn, non-grocery specialists store-based sales fell sharply by 12.2% y/y to PLN 161.3bn, while e-commerce was the big winner, its sales increasing by 42.3% y/y to PLN 71.1bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: