Poland Metal Processing Sector Report 2021-2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Poland has had a long tradition in the metal processing industry. And, at present, it is one of the most developed industries in the country. In 2019, however, the country’s metal production volume decreased by 7.7% y/y to 35.6mn tonnes, and its sold production value declined by 2.9% y/y to PLN 72.1bn. This reflected mostly a downturn in its most significant subsector of iron and steel, with sold production down by 7.8% y/y in 2019 to PLN 40.6bn. Crude steel production dropped by 11.7% y/y to 9.1mn tonnes, but Poland maintained its position as the fifth-largest producer in the EU, as the domestic decline was broadly in line with regional developments. Poland also has a strong position in copper production. In 2019, it was the second-largest refined copper producer in the EU with 582,198 tonnes, up by 12% y/y. The sold production of copper increased by 11.1% y/y to PLN 14.9bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: