Romania Agriculture Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, agriculture, forestry and fishing in Romania constituted 4.8% of the nominal GVA of the economy. The agricultural output value reached a record high of RON 90.2bn, up by 14.9% y/y. Animal production value was up by 5.5% y/y, while crop output increased by 19.1% y/y, due to high yields of the main crops – grain maize, sunflower, wheat and fruits. In 2018, Romania became the largest producer of maize in the EU28 (18.8mn tonnes) and maintained its number one position in sunflower production (3.1mn tonnes). Despite recent positive developments in the sector, driven by FDI and EU funds (Romania is to receive EUR 20bn over the period 2014-2020), productivity remains low. As of 2016 there were 3.4mn farms, 72.5% of which had less than 2ha of land. The share of agriculture, forestry and fishing in the employment of the economy was 22.8% in 2018, the highest in the EU28.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: