Romania Automotive Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
The automotive sector in Romania experienced significant growth since the privatisation of Dacia in 1999 and became a key pillar of the economy. According to Oxford Economics data, the automotive sector generated 9.5% of the manufacturing value added in Romania and contributed 0.4% to the global automotive value added in 2016. Local production, driven mostly by foreign companies, is focused on passenger cars as well as auto parts and accessories. Both product groups are over 90% exported, primarily to EU member states. About 70% of the domestic demand for passenger cars is covered by imports, nevertheless, Dacia remained the leader on the local market with a 30.8% share in 2016. Sales of light commercial vehicles and buses are covered almost entirely through imports. Producers of auto parts and accessories serve both local and foreign demand with the value of exports accelerating to almost twice the value of exports of passenger cars in recent years. Overall, the automotive sector represents a vital source of employment with 4% of total employment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Romania
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: