Romania Automotive Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
The automotive industry is a strategic sector for the Romanian economy. In 2016, the manufacture of motor vehicles and other transport equipment (which includes the production of both vehicles and car components) generated 3% of total gross value added in Romania and constituted 2.7% of the country’s GDP. Romania is home to the production of passenger cars by two big players – Renault, which owns Dacia, as well as Ford. The country is the 10th largest passenger car producer in Europe. The bulk of the production is exported and the automotive sector accounts for more than 25% of Romania’s total exports. In 2017, Dacia was the largest Romanian exporter, while Ford ranked fourth. In 2017 the automotive industry was the Romanian economy’s biggest employer, giving jobs to 183,000 persons and representing 4% of total employment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Romania
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: