Romania Banking Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2016
Available in: English
The Romanian financial sector has a sizable potential to catch up to regional and EU development levels. The domestic credit-to-GDP ratio amounted to 29.9% in 2015, one of the smallest numbers in Europe. The financial sector generated 3.4% of the Romanian GDP and employed 98,100 people in 2015, which corresponded to 1.2% of the total workforce. In 2015, credit institutions and non-bank financial institutions accounted for 77.7% and 5.8% of the sector’s total assets, respectively. The credit-to-GDP ratio of the banking sector was 30.5% at the end of 2015, while the size of the credit portfolio of non-bank financial companies was 3.0% in GDP terms.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Romania.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Romania
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: