Romania Food and Beverage Sector Report 2018-2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
The manufacture of food, beverage and tobacco products in Romania accounted for 5.18% of the whole economy and 23.54% of the manufacturing sector in terms of gross value added in 2015. The market output of food and beverages reached RON 51.96bn in 2015, of which food manufacturing accounted for 78.9%, while beverages made up the remaining 21.1%. The food and beverage sector is significant in terms of exports, constituting 8.42% of the total value of exports in 2016. An increasing imbalance in international trade has put pressure on domestically produced food and beverages in Romania. Certain segments of food and beverage manufacturing, such as bread and bakery, and animal slaughtering and meat processing are characterised by fragmentation. The production structure of the subsectors reflect the preferences of consumers towards meat, bread and dairy products. There were 180,800 employees in the sector in 2015, 0.4% less y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Romania
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: