Total
USD $0.00
« Back to previous page

Romania Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020

An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company
Date: February 2019
Pages: 63
Available in: English

The insurance sector in Romania remained underdeveloped in 2017. Insurance penetration, measured by the ratio of gross written premium (GWP) to GDP, was only 1.1% for the whole sector in 2017, versus 1% in 2016. The sector’s GWP came to RON 9.7bn in 2017, up 3.5% y/y. Non-life insurance was the larger of the two subsectors, representing 79.2% of the country’s total GWP in 2017. The remaining 20.8% was generated in the life insurance subsector, whose share started to increase in 2017, following two years of stable insurance penetration. The total number of employees in the insurance and pension funds sector was 10,017 workers in 2017. Employment in the insurance and pension funds industry accounted for 0.21% of the country’s total employment in 2017.  

 

This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.

What this report allows you to do:

  • Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Romania
  • Access forecasts for growth in the sector
  • View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Romania.
  • Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
  • Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
  • Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
  • Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
  • View M&A activity and major deals
  • Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
  • Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.

 

See below for a complete table of report contents:

Romania Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020 - Page 1
Buy full report USD 495.00 Payment methods include:

DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Have a question?

Email us at: customerenquiries@emis.com

SEE BELOW FOR A COMPLETE TABLE OF REPORT CONTENTS:

Romania Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020 -  Page 3
Romania Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020 -  Page 4
Romania Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020 -  Page 49
Romania Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020 -  Page 60
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR PURCHASE,
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THIS REPORT IMMEDIATELY AS A PDF
If you have any questions, please contact customerenquires@emis.com
Buy full report
Need ongoing access to company, industry or country information?