Russia Automotive Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2017
Available in: English
The automotive industry in Russia has a relatively small share in the country’s economy and employment. The sector generated just 0.3% of Russia’s gross value added (GVA) in 2016 and provided employment to 578,300 people, or less than 1% of the total workforce. A mere 0.6% of the total fixed capital investments went to the sector. At the same time, the government has pursued a policy towards subsidising the industry, both on the demand and the supply side, and encouraging the useof local content.Russia’s automotive industry was hit hard by the economic crisis but a recovery is on the way as theconsumers ramp up spending and companies start to address the overcapacity in the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: