Russia Automotive Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
The automotive industry in Russia has a relatively small share in the country’s economy and employment. The sector generates less than 1% of Russia’s gross domestic product (GDP) and provides employment to about 600,000 people, or less than 1% of the total workforce. As of end-2017, the overall vehicle fleet of the Russian Federation was 50.6mn units. Almost 84% of those were passenger cars (PCs). Light commercial vehicles (LCVs) accounted for 8% of the total. The segment of new PCs is dominated by foreign brands with local assembly lines, while the truck and bus segments are controlled by Russian brands.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: