Russia Automotive Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
Russia has the tenth largest market for new passenger cars in the world and the 16th largest in terms of commercial vehicle sales, according to data from the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA). Sales of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (LCV) in the country increased by 13% y/y to 1.8mn units in 2018. The new PCs segment is dominated by foreign brands with local assembly lines, while the truck and bus segments are controlled by Russian brands. Russia’s automotive industry contributes a relatively small share of the country’s economy, generating less than 1% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2018. The sector employs just 3% of the manufacturing sector’s workforce.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: