EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2017
Available in: English
The Russian healthcare and pharmaceutical sector is suffering under the impact of ongoing recession in the Russian economy and depressed domestic demand. The healthcare system is in dire need of financing as lower oil prices and a sharply devalued ruble have made the centralised, federal budget-funded healthcare system model inefficient. The Russian market for pharmaceuticals and medical equipment has remained highly dependent on imported products, which, together with the weak ruble, has substantially reduced the purchasing power of Russian households. Lack of adequate financing is causing massive protests by medical employees and patients, while out-of-pocket health expenditure has remained at constantly high levels, given the underdeveloped state health-insurance system.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Russia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: