Russia Mining Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
The mining industry is of strategic importance to the Russian economy, contributing about 12% to the GDP, providing jobs to 1.1mn people and contributing a third to government revenues. Since Russia hosts one of the world’s largest mineral resources, its mining sector is an important supplier for the global economy. In 2018, Russia ranked as the largest miner of rough diamonds, the third largest gold producer and the third largest coal exporter. The mining industry is a significant contributor to overall exports and an important source of hard currency for Russia. In 2018, exports of minerals accounted for close to 65% of the country’s total exports.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: