Russia Mining Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2020
Available in: English
Russia’s commoditised economic model predefines the pivotal role the mining sector plays in the country’s development. The sector generates 12.6% of Russia’s nominal GDP and earns 62% of total exports, which makes it an important source of hard currency for the country. Russia is one of the major commodity suppliers for the global economy, stemming from its rich mineral resource base and long-established production capabilities. The country is the world’s largest diamond producer and the third largest gold and nickel producer. More than 1.1mn people, or 1.6% of the country’s workforce is occupied in the sector. The sector’s market structure is characterised by a high concentration of domestically owned companies – both private and state-controlled – which hold a significant share in the total reserves and production.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: