Russia Pharma and Healthcare Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
Russia’s healthcare and pharmaceutical sector was badly affected by the 2015-2016 recession, which resulted in a sharp drop in government spending, while the weak rouble and high inflation cut into households’ disposable incomes. Though healthcare spending continued to increase in local currency terms, it slumped to less than two-thirds of its 2014 level in terms of US dollars. Pharmaceutical (pharma) sales declined for the third straight year in 2016. However, the government’s protectionist policy helped boost domestic production of pharmaceuticals, with output growing at double-digit rates in both 2015 and 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharma and healthcare sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharma and healthcare sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: