Russia Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
Russia’s vast territory, wide range of tourist attractions and proximity to European and Asian markets offer strong growth potential for the country’s tourism sector. However, high entry barriers, underdeveloped transport infrastructure and worsening ties with the West have kept the country off the tourist radar for years. The hosting of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, however, was a game changer for the sector, helping Russia record a double-digit growth in international tourist spending. The number of foreign tourists visiting the country increased for the first time in three years in 2018. In addition, the recovering economy is having a positive effect on Russian incomes and they are spending increasing amounts of money on travel abroad. Both France and Russia registered as the countries with the highest growth in outbound tourism spending in 2018, according to data from the WTO.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: