Thailand Agriculture Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2017
Available in: English
Thailand's agricultural sector accounted for 8.3% of national GDP and for 31% of total employment in 2016. Agriculture, forestry and hunting claimed 91% of sector output, while fishing contributed 9% in the same year. Thailand is among the world's leading exporters of agricultural commodities including rice, sugar, poultry, and seafood. Challenges to the sector include unseasonal weather; government intervention policies in support of farmers; low farming costs determining low “pledge prices” (the prices at which the government promises to buy rice from farmers); the resultant drive for higher output; and alleged poor working conditions in some of the subsectors, such as aquaculture.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: