Thailand Agriculture Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
Thailand's Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing sector accounted for 8.1% of national GDP and for 33% of Thailand’s total employment in 2018. Agriculture land claimed 47% of total land in 2018, and paddy fields accounted for half of the agricultural land the same year. Thailand is among the world's leading exporters of agricultural commodities including rice, sugar, poultry, and seafood. Agriculture exports accounted for some 8% of total exports in 2018. Challenges to the sector include unseasonal weather; government intervention policies in support of farmers; rising feed prices and labour costs; animal health issues; and alleged poor working conditions in some of the subsectors, such as aquaculture.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: