Thailand Automotive Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
Thailand is the largest producer of four-wheel vehicles in the ASEAN region and the 12th largest vehicle producer in the world. The strength of the industry lies in the combination of a long-standing presence of Japanese car manufacturers and solid domestic infrastructure. Moreover, the Thai industry has positioned itself as a regional export hub. Motor vehicle exports, including motorcycles, accounted for 8.3% of the total value of Thai exports in 2017. Export destinations showed a healthy level of diversification, reducing the vulnerability of the Thai industry to the economic cycle of clients. The next step for the Thai industry to maintain its regional leadership is to enhance the production of electric vehicles (EVs).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: