Thailand Banking Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
As at the end of 2017, the Thai banking sector consisted of a total of 30 commercial banks comprising both domestic banks and branches of foreign lenders. Thai banks dominate the sector, and the five largest banks collectively account for the majority of loans and deposits in the commercial banking industry. Besides commercial banks, the overall banking sector includes both depository institutions including specialised financial institutions (“SFIs”), savings cooperatives and credit unions, and money market mutual funds, and non-depository institutions which include consumer finance companies, investment management companies, asset management companies, and agricultural cooperatives amongst others.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: