Thailand Banking Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
The COVID-19 pandemic severely impacted economic growth as is evident from the 6.1% contraction in GDP reported by the Thai economy in 2020. The banking sector was impacted with profits falling by 46.0% y/y in 2020 as the sector resorted to creating provisioning buffers to tackle with the uncertainties and due to lower operating profits caused by the rate cuts and lower credit growth due to slowdown in economic activity. Strong capital adequacy ratios and liquidity coverage ratios puts the sector on a strong footing as far as stability goes, but challenges remain as multiple COVID waves act as a setback to economic recovery and growth, impacting cash flows and income levels of businesses and individuals in an uneven manner.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: