Thailand Electric Power Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
Thailand is the third-largest power producer and consumer in ASEAN, behind Indonesia and Vietnam. Although important, the contribution of the sector to the overall economy is small. The power sector accounted for 2.7% of nominal GDP and about 0.3% of total employment in 2019. Thailand is heavily dependent on natural gas with gas-fired power plants accounting for a 58% share of total power supply. About 12% of total power supply is imported from Laos and Cambodia, while renewable and alternative energy sources account for a 13.1% share. The overall transmission line length amounts to more than 36,400 km and is entirely owned and operated by the state-owned Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org