Thailand Insurance Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2017
Available in: English
Thailand has one of the largest insurance markets in the ASEAN region, ranking second (after Singapore). Thailand’s insurance sector consists of both local and foreign companies, with local companies possessing a greater share of the market. Foreign companies have a stronger market share in the life insurance subsector than in general insurance, and the largest life insurers in Thailand tend to be foreign companies. The life insurance subsector in Thailand has become increasingly developed over recent years. In contrast, the general insurance subsector is still comparatively under-developed, despite the size of the Thai market. For instance, insurance density in the general insurance subsector was only slightly more than USD 100 per capita in 2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Thailand.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: