Thailand Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2018
Available in: English
Thailand tourism & leisure sector plays a significant role in the national economy. According to World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), the sector made a direct contribution of THB 1.4tn to the economy in 2017, and the number increases to THB 3.2tn if wider contributions are taken into account, which represent 9.3% and 20.9% of the total GDP of THB 15.5tn, respectively. Thus, the sector receives considerable attention from the Thai government. The Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS), which oversees the sector, works closely with other ministries and agencies to develop infrastructure, marketing, labour force etc. to drive sustainable growth in the sector. Key subsectors include travel accommodation, MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibition) tourism, and medical tourism.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: