Thailand Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
Tourism is an important source of revenues for Thailand’s economy, accounting for 19.7% of GDP and about 16% of total employment in 2019, according to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). The number of foreign tourists gradually increased over the past years and reached 39.8mn in 2019, while foreign tourist revenues amounted to THB 1.9bn, growing at a GAGR of 7.3% over the period 2015-2019. Meanwhile, the travel and tourism competitiveness index (TTCI) prepared by the international organisation World Economic Forum (WEF), ranked Thailand 31st among 140 countries globally in 2019 due to its well-developed tourist service infrastructure and price competitiveness.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: