Thailand Transportation Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
The transport sector is an essential link to economic growth as it facilitates movement of goods across the supply chain i.e. right from upstream (raw material) to downstream (finished goods). Thus, the development and modernisation of the sector, particularly as the governments aim is to make Thailand a regional logistics and transportation hub, has spurred investment across various transport modes with greater focus on railways (high-speed rail, double tracking and mass urban transit system), in order to enhance connectivity, bring forth efficiencies and for better intermodal balance. Thailand’s State Enterprise Policy Office (SEPO) has released a list of 92 priority PPP projects targeted for development from 2020 till 2027, of which 12 are rail and urban transit projects.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Thailand. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Thailand
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Thailand
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Thailand
- Ascertain Thailand’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Thailand
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: