Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
The Emerging Europe region, as covered by the scope of this report, consists of Russia, Turkey, Emerging Europe, Romania, Czechia and Hungary. All of these countries are strategically important to transportation in the region, though to a varying extent, depending on their geographic location and size. Both passenger and freight transportation across Central and Eastern European countries contracted as a result of the COVID-19-induced recession and the measures put in place to contain the spread of the pandemic. The restrictions implemented by governments, combined with the many other ways in which the virus affected people’s lives, meant that the number of passengers using bus, rail and air transportation dropped dramatically (for example, the number of rail passengers in Emerging Europe fell by 64% in Q2 2020 vs Q2 2019). On top of this, the associated decline in economic activity led to fewer goods being freighted both domestically and internationally. As the countries in the region start to pick themselves up following their recessions, the cooling of the labour market and continued uncertainty regarding vaccination efficiency and effectiveness will likely mean only sluggish growth in consumer confidence.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Emerging Europe. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Emerging Europe
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Emerging Europe
- Ascertain Emerging Europe’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: