Turkey Automotive Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
Turkey’s automotive sector recorded solid growth in 2017, with production and exports hitting new record highs for the third straight year. The surge was supported by increased investments, with local automotive manufacturers expanding their capacity and launching the production of new models. The domestic market, however, had another rough year as the consumers cut purchases amid rising inflation and a plunge of the local currency. The Turkish lira came under increased pressure as a result of the concerns about President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s control over the monetary policy, Ankara’s strained relations with the US and a worsening economic outlook as Turkey is likely to turn to a recession in 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: