Turkey Banking Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2017
Available in: English
The banks, which represent 81% of the Turkish financial system by assets, are vital to the financial stability in the country. The local non-bank financial market is underdeveloped and the institutions operating in the segment are small, when compared with their peers in emerging markets.The financial system has been growing significantly faster than GDP since 2008 and its total assets were equivalent to 130.5% of GDP in 2016. The banks are of average size relative to those in comparable emerging markets. However, since the level of domestic savings is low, banks finance an unusually large proportion of their credit activity from sources other than deposits.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Turkey. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Turkey
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Turkey
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Turkey
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Turkey
- Ascertain Turkey’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Turkey
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: