Bangladesh is the world's 44th largest economy and ranks 25th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The country's economy grew at over 7% in 2017. EMIS has information on over 300 Bangladeshi companies and draws industry sector analysis, news and data for the country from 70 local and global sources.
- Korea to provide $700m in soft loans between 2021-25 United News of Bangladesh | 2021-Oct-26
- Tax revenue grows almost 17pc in first quarter The Financial Express | 2021-Oct-26
- The Revenge of Supply by John H. Cochrane Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-22
- Living gets costlier with inflation upswing The Financial Express | 2021-Oct-23
- The Inflation Catch-Up Game by Mohamed A. El-Erian Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-21
- Inflation hurts common people in Bangladesh United News of Bangladesh | 2021-Oct-22
- Increase in FDI leads to recovery of 70pc loss due to Covid-19: UNCTAD NEW NATION | 2021-Oct-21
- Health Div: most important healer but worst dev performer The Financial Express | 2021-Oct-20
- Inflation is international issue, Pakistan no exception: Asad Umar AsiaNet-Pakistan - Daily News | 2021-Oct-20
- Flood losses to be $2.2b per yr The Financial Express | 2021-Oct-19
- Govt moves to boost revenue The Financial Express | 2021-Oct-17
- Govt aims to boost national revenue for rapid economic growth: Official document United News of Bangladesh | 2021-Oct-17
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Bangladesh Sources in our platform include:
Mira Inform Private Ltd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
The PRS Group Inc
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Bashundhara Food & Beverage Industries Ltd. (Bangladesh) (Manufacturing) - (487,055,596)
- 2 Metlife (Bangladesh) (Finance and Insurance) - (441,547,116)
- 3 Summit Bibiyana Ii Power Company Limited (Bangladesh) (Utilities) - (374,068,967)
- 4 Orion Group (Bangladesh) (Construction) - (335,910,663)
- 5 Novo Nordisk Pharma (Pvt.) Ltd. (Bangladesh) (Manufacturing) - (330,043,808)
- 6 Pran-Rfl Group Ltd (Bangladesh) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (261,253,328)
- 7 Akij Group (Bangladesh) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (217,711,106)
- 8 Bdjobs.Com Limited (Bangladesh) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (211,520,239)
- 9 Akij Food And Beverage Ltd. (Bangladesh) (Manufacturing) - (205,266,331)
- 10 Bank Al-Falah Limited (Bangladesh) (Finance and Insurance) - (188,752,594)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 380,000+ research reports every year.
Asia-Pacific - Games Software Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Paper & Paperboard, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Jewelry & Watch Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02
Asia-Pacific - Apparel Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Cereal Crops, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Furniture & Floor Coverings Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02
Asia-Pacific - Aerospace & Defense, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Broadcasting & Cable TV, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Waste Management, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Aug-17
Asia-Pacific - Pharmaceuticals, July 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Aug-17Asia-Pacific - Footwear, July 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Aug-17Asia-Pacific - Government Spending, July 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Aug-17
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 54,000+ news stories every day.
A Bottom-Up Approach to Education Reform by Miroslav Beblavý & Soňa Muzikárová Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-26Telekom Malaysia partners with telecom tower providers for access to tower site facilities Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26KFH highlights banking services for customers with special needs Islamic Finance News | 2021-Oct-26
Alinma Bank registered Net Profit of SAR 2,090 million for nine months of 2021, an increase of 33% Islamic Finance News | 2021-Oct-26A1 Bulgaria launches Endpoint Protection cyber-security service Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Orange Romania increases Orange Money share capital Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26
Vivacom adds EON Biz package for companies Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26Entel Chile giving postpay users free Apple Music Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26ICC T20 World Cup: Massive victory for South Africa NEW NATION | 2021-Oct-26
Decoding the rising Islamist threat in Bangladesh Hindustan Times | 2021-Oct-26Bodies of 5 Bengal trekkers retrieved from Uttarakhand's Bageshwar Hindustan Times | 2021-Oct-26Covid-19: Centre cites Kolkata as primary district of concern in Bengal Hindustan Times | 2021-Oct-26
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Bangladesh economy is facing an impending danger as the inflow of remittance in 2016-2017 continues to slide, New Nation reports. The total amount of money that migrant workers have sent to their families has dropped by 14.47 percent year-on-year, B...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:15
The Bangladesh government aims to give loans at 2% interest to the jute industry in consideration of the great export prospect of the sector. Sources told New Nation that the Textiles and Jute Ministry has written to the Finance Ministry and the Bang...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:59
The Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) announced the outcome of their high-profile business delegation’s visit to Singapore in a Business-to-Business (B2B) conference with Japanese businesses, confirming that Japanese investors are ke...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:56
Bangladesh’s overall imports reached US$926.37 million in February 2018, a 29.96% increase compared to the same period last year, Bangladesh Business News reported citing data from the Bangladesh Bank. A senior official at the central bank attr...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:44
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker