Despite a population of just 5.7 million, Singapore is the world's 37th largest economy and ranks 19th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Singapore economy grew at a rate of 3.5% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on nearly 5,000 companies in Singapore as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 180 local and global sources.
- Singapore's MAS core inflation rises to 1.2 pct in September AsiaNet-Pakistan - Daily News | 2021-Oct-26
- Singapore : Food price hike fuels higher-than-expected September inflation Euclid - News | 2021-Oct-26
- Singapore : Economists raise inflation forecasts after Sep core, headline inflation rates surprise on upside Euclid - News | 2021-Oct-26
- Commentary: Property stamp duties and inheritance - could wealth taxes in Singapore come from these? Media Corp News | 2021-Oct-25
- The Revenge of Supply by John H. Cochrane Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-22
- Commentary: Property stamp duties and inheritance - could wealth taxes in Singapore come from these? MediaCorp NewsAsia | 2021-Oct-21
- The Inflation Catch-Up Game by Mohamed A. El-Erian Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-21
- Singapore : Vietnamese officials complete training on proposal writing Euclid - News | 2021-Oct-22
- Economy: Benchmark with global best practices Daily Nation Kenya | 2021-Oct-18
- ASEAN/Viet Nam/Singapore: Vietnamese officials complete training on proposal writing Thai EconomicNews Service | 2021-Oct-17
- Singapore: Speech By Mr Lawrence Wong, Minister For Finance, At Institute Of Policy Studies (IPS) 35th Singapore Economic Roundtable (SER), At Shaw Foundation Alumni House Auditorium (SFAH) Thai EconomicNews Service | 2021-Oct-15
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's Telephone Call with President of the People's Republic of China, Xi Jinping, 15 October 2021 ASEAN Tribune | 2021-Oct-16
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Singapore Sources in our platform include:
Channel News Asia - Mediacorp Pte Ltd
OCBC Investment Research Pte Ltd
Nandini Consultancy (S) Pte. Ltd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Trafigura Pte Ltd (Singapore) (Retail Trade) - (200,341,456)
- 2 Shell Eastern Trading (Pte) Ltd (Singapore) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (137,867,280)
- 3 Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) (Finance and Insurance) - (107,100,000)
- 4 Apple South Asia Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) (Wholesale Trade) - (99,157,970)
- 5 Vitol Asia Pte Ltd (Singapore) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (73,822,290)
- 6 Wilmar International Limited (Singapore) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (70,435,705)
- 7 Bp Singapore Pte. Limited (Singapore) (Wholesale Trade) - (62,819,478)
- 8 Cnooc Trading (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) (Manufacturing) - (58,830,181)
- 9 Exxonmobil Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) (Manufacturing) - (54,467,026)
- 10 Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited (Singapore) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (47,538,266)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 380,000+ research reports every year.
Asia Pacific Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecasts (2021-2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Southeast Asia Aircraft MRO Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-04Online Travel and Intermediaries in Singapore Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19
Lodging in Singapore Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19Car Rental (Destination) in Singapore Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19Airlines in Singapore Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2021-Oct-19
Asia-Pacific - Games Software Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Paper & Paperboard, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific - Jewelry & Watch Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02
Asia-Pacific - Apparel Retail, August 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2021-Oct-02Asia-Pacific Energy Drink Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2021-Aug-31Southeast Asia Fertilizer Market - Growth, Trends, COVID - 19 Impact, and Forecast (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2021-Sep-09
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 54,000+ news stories every day.
EQONEX GROWS SALES TEAM AS INSTITUTIONAL DEMAND FOR CRYPTO SOARS PR Newswire - English | 2021-Oct-26IRON ORE DAILY: Support from mills prompts short-term increase in seaborne iron ore prices Metal Bulletin | 2021-Oct-26MJP aluminium stocks down 8.1% in September Metal Bulletin | 2021-Oct-26
A Bottom-Up Approach to Education Reform by Miroslav Beblavý & Soňa Muzikárová Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2021-Oct-26Sunseap, partners to add 7 GWp of solar at Indonesian islands SeeNews Renewables | 2021-Oct-26Sun Cable opens EoI for solar power imports into Singapore SeeNews Renewables | 2021-Oct-26
Telekom Malaysia partners with telecom tower providers for access to tower site facilities Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26EMBARK ON AN EXTRA-CULINARY JOURNEY WITH THE BEST EATS ALONG THE QUAYS PR Newswire - English | 2021-Oct-26FINALIST TEAMS FOR "2021 ASIA SUPER TEAM：FUTURE LAND" ARE HERE! PR Newswire - English | 2021-Oct-26
A1 Bulgaria launches Endpoint Protection cyber-security service Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26FORRESTER ASIA PACIFIC PREDICTIONS 2022: 40% OF APAC FIRMS WILL MAKE ANYWHERE-WORK PERMANENT VERSUS THE 70% GLOBAL AVERAGE PR Newswire - English | 2021-Oct-26Orange Romania increases Orange Money share capital Telecompaper News | 2021-Oct-26
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Singapore Airlines (SIA) is set to work together with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba as part of its efforts to further capture China’s fast growing travel market. The collaboration will cover ticket sales, loyalty programmes, marketing initiatives,...Wed, 08/22/2018 - 08:28
As Singapore Air faces tough competition from Middle Eastern and budget carriers, it reported its first quarterly slump in two years. Net profit slumped 70% compared to the same period a year ago, with net income posted at just $46.8 million, reporte...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:32
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has approved the license of the country’s newest life insurer on Tuesday. Singapore Life now claims the distinction of being the first local insurer to be licensed since 1970. Identifying as a boutique l...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 18:12
With the presence of the right infrastructure and the right network of companies as a commodities trading hub for the energy sector, Singapore is starting to thrive as a precious metals trading hub. IE Singapore has been a stalwart promoter in e...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 14:39
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker