Emerging Europe M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
After the strong start of 2017, in Q2 M&A deals in the Emerging Europe region plunged to 428 for a total of EUR 10.9bn, marking one of the slowest quarters in the past three years. Overall for the first six months, there were 946 M&A deals for a total of EUR 30bn.
The uncertainty over the region in light of a rough Brexit and the possible outcome of the French elections was also evident in the decline of foreign-led M&A. The number of these deals dropped by 20% y/y in H1 2017, their value was EUR 9.2bn, down by 10% y/y, and Asian capital was nowhere to be seen.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: