Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
The number of M&A deals in Emerging Europe continued to decline to 468 new ones registered in Q3, although their total value reached EUR 23.1bn – one of the highest quarterly sums in recent years. Some of this year’s largest transactions were announced in August and September, including Avast Software (EUR 7.3bn), UPC Polska (EUR 1.5bn), and another investment in Trandyol.com (EUR 1.3bn).
For the nine months of 2021 so far, deals were 1,457 (13% up y-o-y) for a total of EUR 63.7bn (73% up). The top deal in Q1-Q3 invovled U.S. cybersecurity software company NortonLifeLock acquiring Czech counterpart Avast for EUR 7.4bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: