Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
M&A had a strong start of the year as the revival trend seen after summer 2020 continued. Deals reached 470 in Q1 2021, virtually unchanged y-o-y, while their aggregate value surged more than twice to EUR 21.4bn on the back of four mega-deals in Poland and Russia.
Value-wise it has been the strongest opening quarter since 2013 despite a y-o-y dip in the median deal value from EUR 10.2mn to EUR 8.4mn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: