Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2022
Available in: English
Covid-19 and war scares stemming from the situation between Ukraine and Russia resulted in a sharp decline of M&A in the first quarter of 2022. Deal flow was down by 15.4% y-o-y, while the aggregate deal value slumped by 30% to just EUR 16.5bn, with both metrics reaching their lowest points since Q3 2020.
Romania was a single bright spot for the region amidst falling deal activity across the other larger countries.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: