Emerging Asia M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
With 4,281 deals for USD 513.7bn in total, 2017 M&A activity in Emerging Asia was down y/y by 11% in terms of number of deals and by 16% in terms of deal value. A slowdown of the Chinese M&A scene was the main reason for a sharp decline in large transactions. Deal values have been improving from quarter to quarter, and especially in the second half of the year, but were nevertheless far from last year’s numbers.
The value of foreign investments, however, jumped nearly twice from 2016, with deals reaching USD 38.7bn in total. The U.S. alone nearly tripled their deals in Emerging Asia to USD 15.3bn, while Japan's investments more than doubled to USD 9.1bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 14 emerging countries in Asia with individual focus on Greater China, India and the Southeast Asia region. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across emerging countries in Asia and in key geographies Greater China, India and Southeast Asia
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: