Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
M&A in Latin America & the Caribbean region continued to improve in Q4, boasting the highest quarterly numbers in terms of both deal volume and value in 2020 - there were 431 transactions for a total sum of USD 18.4bn.
Throughout the year, however, the region’s deal scene was heavily affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and suffered massive y-o-y drops in deal count and total value of 14.5% and 50.6%, respectively, accounting for 1,431 deals worth USD 57.6bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: