Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
The volume of mergers and acquisitions in Latin America and the Caribbean plunged by 34% y/y in the first half of 2020 to 575 transactions, as the spread of Covid-19 took toll on market activity.
Unlike Q1, in the second quarter all major economies in the region took hits. The impact on Argentina was most severe and activity for the first six months dropped by 62% y/y to just 31 deals, while Brazil proved to be the most resilient to the effect of the virus and experienced a much smaller 16% decline to 359 deals.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: