Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2022
Available in: English
Q1 2022 M&A activity in Latin America & the Caribbean region was slightly up in terms of deal flow by 12.5% y-o-y, reaching 533 transactions. Their cumulated value however fell by 18% to USD 25.4bn, though still in line with the most recent quarter.
Among the biggest markets, deal activity was higher in Brazil (17% up y-o-y), Chile (47% up), and Colombia (84% up). Mexico (49 deals in total), Argentina (31 deals) and Ecuador (7 deals) were among the countries to see a decline in deal flow.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: