Africa and the Middle East M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
The number of M&A deals in Africa and the Middle East, as well as their aggregate value, increased by 11% each in 2019.
Across countries in Africa, 2019 M&A activity was down in Egypt (34 deals in total, 11 less y/y) but significantly higher in other major markets such as South Africa (293 deals, 47 more y/y), Kenya (81 deals, 33 more) and Nigeria (69 deals, 25 more).
In the Middle East, Kuwait (12 deals, 5 more y/y) was the only country to see higher deal flow. Oman was flat with 12 deals, while Saudi Arabia (43 deals, 1 less y/y) and the United Arab Emirates (79 deals, 19 less) experienced declines in activity. Qatar slumped very sharply to just a single transaction, albeit from a somewhat lower base compared to the other countries (seven deals in 2018).
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: email@example.com