Africa and the Middle East M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
In the first six months of 2018, the number of deals in Africa and the Middle East dropped by 24% y/y to 343, while their aggregate value remained unchanged at USD 25.8bn.
M&A deal flow declined in most of the countries across Africa. The slowdown was particularly noticeable in Kenya (26 deals in H1 2018, 38% down y/y) and Nigeria (18 deals, 33% less). Meanwhile in the Middle East, despite a drop during the most recent quarter, overall for H1 2018 M&A performed well with 91 deals (5% more y/y) for a total of USD 16.8bn (42% more y/y).
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: