Africa and the Middle East M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
During H1 2019, the number of deals in Africa and the Middle East increased by 15% y/y to 414, and their aggregate value surged 67% reaching USD 42.7bn.
Activity on the African continent was just a tad lower in Egypt (18 deals total, 1 less y/y) and significantly higher in Kenya (43 deals, 17 more), Nigeria (24 deals, 6 more) and South Africa (150 deals, 19 more).
From the Middle Eastern countries, Saudi Arabia (22 deals, 3 more y/y) and Kuwait (5 deals, 2 more) registered increased deal flow. United Arab Emirates (42 deals, 8 less y/y) and Oman (7 deals, 1 less) both experienced declines, while Qatar had no inbound or domestic deals in H1.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: