Africa and the Middle East M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
The number of deals in Africa and the Middle East increased by 22.5% y/y during the first nine months of 2019, and the aggregate value of M&A was up by 24.9%.
Across countries in Africa, Q1-Q3 M&A activity was just a tad lower in Egypt (32 deals total, 3 less y/y) but significantly higher in other major markets such as South Africa (237 deals, 57 more y/y), Kenya (61 deals, 26 more) and Nigeria (47 deals, 19 more).
In the Middle East, Kuwait (9 deals, 3 more y/y) and Saudi Arabia (34 deals, 3 more) registered increased deal flow. United Arab Emirates (63 deals, 6 less y/y) and Qatar (1 deal, 3 less) both experienced declines, while Oman was flat with 9 deals so far in 2019.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: